The new Halloween tablecloths I just made... or the fact that I just sewed a Halloween tablecloth in August?!?!?!?!! I was just trying to figure out how to sew a circular tablecloth and thought I'd make something for my fav holiday!
The whole circular tablecloth thing is a snap, BTW!
- For a table 42 inches in diameter and 30 inches high (standard size circular table) use 6 yards of 54 inch wide fabric
- Cut fabric in 2 equal lengths of 3 yards each, then halve one of the 2 pieces lengthwise (parallel to selvages)
- Pin one cut piece to either side of the uncut piece (right sides facing) and sew
- You now will have 3 panels sewn together
- Fold the panel in half (wrong side out)
- Pin the end of a 52" length of string, tied to a dressmaker's pencil, to the center of the fold
- Using the pencil, sketch a semicircle onto the fabric
- Cut along the chalk line with scissors making a large circle
- Hem circle
- Cut a square of contrasting fabric and hem it
- Place the circular tablecloth on top of the table and then place the square piece of fabric on top of that