So I wanted to craft, but I didn't want to have to go shopping for any supplies. I also wanted to do something personalized to my family. Oh and lastly, I wanted to create something for Easter. So what to do?
Why, Easter cones, of course!!!
I LOVE how they turned out and I LOVE that the only thing I had to buy was the filler- and that came from Dollar Tree! Score!
If yo make these, challenge yourself to use what you have on hand. I made 6 and they are all different and I think I love that even more. Enjoy!
Easter Cone Directions:
1. Trim a large corner off of a 12x12 piece of paper. Here is a pattern.
2. Roll the paper up into a cone and using a glue gun, close the seam.
4. Cut out rectangular Easter images.
5. Glue images to the front of the cones.
7. Cut out downloaded cone characters. I cut out some of the faces to place a photo behind. Other faces I left intact to place a photo face onto of.
8. Print out photos of heads. I tried to make sure they were facing and turning the same direction as the characters. Cut them out.
9. Glue the faces to the characters.
10. Trim all 4 sides of scalloped paper.
11. Glue scalloped edges to the top of cones. I had to use 2 strips per cone.
12. Add trims. I used what I had on hand, so all my cones have different looks. I really like that look though!
13. I added some trim to some of the images on the front of the cone too.
14. Cut a slit in the back of the cone below the trim. Feed ribbon through the slit into the inside of the cone. This ribbon will be used to hang the cones from where you want to hang them.
15. Stuff cone with a couple of paper towels and then top with filler. I used a glue gun to glue filler down as much as I could.
16. Add hot glue to bottom of the character and sink it into the filler.
17. Hang cone from wherever you want!
So excited to have linked up to: